They investigated Waiau School as they were all saddened by the damage to the school pool. These are some things they found out about the school:
- Learning for Life, is their motto - this is exactly the same as ours!
- Miss Mary Kimber Principal - 3 classes only
- 200 -250 people sleeping in the school buildings or in their cars in the school grounds
- water was off
- brick homes broken
- roads and power lines broken
- many people have left the area
- pool cracked and all water drained away
The attached link shows the earthquake damage to this school.